----------------------
----------------------

contact
----------------------
mail: scott_vice@msn.com
aim: freudslop
icq: 86820440
----------------------

Sunday, August 04, 2002

The funeral and wake for Scott is over. It was everything I had hoped it would be, and on a personal level it helped me to move on some, and I suspect it did the same for the many people in attendance. I would estimate at least 100 people showed for the funeral. Jeff , his older brother Bill and his wife Sharyl spoke, as did their sister Tanya. Kimberly Wren (Bill's daughter) gave the opening prayer. There was beautiful singing by Roger Bean and & Jana Van Dyke, and Elvis Costello's music played in the background when we arrived and as we left. There was also an open invitation for any of Scott's friends and family to pay tribute to Scott through sharing memories of him. I would say that at least 10 people took this opportunity to speak of Scott. The entire service was very moving and healing, I thought.

The following quote was on the cover of the program:

"You'll see me off in the
distance, I hope,
at the other end
of the telescope"

...Elvis Costello

The following was printed on the backside of the program (what is this from, Jeff?):

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.


I also wanted to mention that Scott's wake was held at Jerry McPhie's house. Jerry is a very close friend to Jeff and Scott, and actually was Scott's roommate at one point. We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to Jerry for hosting this. Jerry also hosted Scott's going away bash, when he moved to Denver. It was a wonderful time, and something that we all needed. Many thanks to Jerry.

posted by doucheball @ 1:56 PM

Read my Dreambook!
Sign my Dreambook!
Dreambook
This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't
yours?