----------------------
----------------------

contact
----------------------
mail: scott_vice@msn.com
aim: freudslop
icq: 86820440
----------------------

Thursday, June 14, 2001

Well, now...

I had my first decent night's rest in about a week last night, and it seems to have worked wonders for my psyche. Actually, maybe "wonders" is too strong a word. All's I know is I woke up feeling refreshed for a change, and my horrible two-day long headache seems to have gone away.

So I'm done with classes until September and I seem to have done better than expected in both classes from the spring. There are still some niggling details to clear up about spring (some registration foul-ups, and the matter of parent feedback and writing the psychological report for my assessment case), but my foremost worry these days is getting my master's proposal written up by the first of July.

Oh, it's very do-able, but I'll be busy at it until the end of the month, and a meeting with one of the folks on my committee yesterday really shook my confidence. Seems I always get flummoxed when I meet with him and can't explain myself very well, coming off sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about. So now I'm pondering what the hell to do about that, given that he needs to sign off on the project.

And then there's writing up the damned proposal. *Sigh*

Anyway... Nothing else really going on. I'll be coming out to Salt Lake at the end of July, after I go away for a week to a camp for asthmatic kids (I'll be acting as part of a therapeutic team, which should be good therapy experience for me), my trip to Yale might still happen, my cellphone is turned off (my bill was outrageous thanks to Qwest messing up the billing, which I'm still trying to sort out, and I may actually go with another wireless service if I can't get it figured), nothing's happening on the romantic front (story too long to really go into right now), and what else?

I'll be working as a research assistant this summer, so my living expenses are taken care of, but I still ain't rich. I'm still a bit disenchanted with things, especially since it seems I'm the only person invited to a friend's wedding without a date and I'm one of the few people in the department who isn't seeing someone, I ain't thrilled with my apartment (although it's relatively cheap and will allow me to be settled for the next 10 months for school, after which I can find a better place of my own), I'll be carrying a huge load next school year (with three classes, full-time RA, half-time RA, master's work, one assessment case in the CSC and one assessment case in the neuropsych clinic), so if I seem a bit manic come September, you'll know why.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, grad school.

I still haven't gotten to the McVeigh execution. Y'all probably know how I felt about it, anyway.

The new Citizen Fish cd is kind of eh, but it did get me to pull out my other Citizen Fish stuff and made me re-realize how dandy they are, replacing Weezer and Sloan in my cd rotation.

And that Eggers book is still good. Goes to show that I don't know everything, or even much of anything, I suppose.

PS
For those of you who've been visiting my old blog, don't. It's been deleted, so I can't even edit it. It just sits like a giant, bloated, discarded blog, which is what it is. I'll eventually get it taken down, but it's not functional.

posted by Skattieboy @ 9:18 AM

Read my Dreambook!
Sign my Dreambook!
Dreambook
This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't
yours?