----------------------
----------------------

contact
----------------------
mail: scott_vice@msn.com
aim: freudslop
icq: 86820440
----------------------

Friday, June 22, 2001

Part of the peril of proscrastination

Well, besides all the assonance and alliteration, that is...

So sometimes even the most well-intentioned of us go astray, as last night when I fully intended to finish up yet another draft of me proposal, only to have one of my friends show up to borrow my washer and dryer (ostensibly) and lure me into going over to the liquor store to buy beer (which we had to drink, of course)and to make me wander down Evans with him while he looked about vainly for someone with a smoke he could bum... Needless to say, I wound up not even getting started until late and then typing in a slightly buzzed/tired state until I could stand no more and had to dive into my futon like one of those poor far-sighted birds that always seems to run into the window of a tall building whenever I'm in one.

Yeah, the point is that I had to get up early to try to eyeball the mess and make some last minute additions before I send it off for perusal. It kind of serves me right for all the breaks I kept taking to do the web surf thing. Kind of. But the web is just so addictive, you know?

My friends really crack me up when they're trying to be sneaky about getting me and someone else together. Honestly. Because, really, such attempts are so overt and so decidedly unsneaky, that all parties know what's going on.

I have concluded that the chocolate vanilla creme and frosted chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts are vastly superior to the other flavors insofar as I can eat them for breakfast day in and day out without wearying, whereas the frosted brown sugar cinnamon ones (for instance) lose their appeal after the third or fourth repeat.

I wonder what Mr.T would make of that sentence?

Since I haven't quoted "The Simpsons" to y'all in a while (and because this little gem showed up on my daily calendar): "Well, this reporter was... possibly a little hasty and would like to... reaffirm his allegiance to this country and its human president. It may not be perfect, but it's still the best government we have. For now".

I can't believe yesterday was the first day of summer and I spent most of it indoors, wearing a butt-groove into my futon couch. It's all your fault.

posted by Skattieboy @ 7:00 AM

Read my Dreambook!
Sign my Dreambook!
Dreambook
This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't
yours?