----------------------
----------------------

contact
----------------------
mail: scott_vice@msn.com
aim: freudslop
icq: 86820440
----------------------

Sunday, June 17, 2001

Oh, yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

For some reason (brain tumor?), I keep seeing Kool-Aid crashing through my wall. It could be that it's hot outside and I just don't want to deal with working on school stuff.

Stupid typos. Bane of my existence, really.

Um, yeah, so now it's time for my Chixdiggit fix. At the rate I'm going, I'll be finished listening to every cd in my collection by mid-August, I reckon. But it just strikes me as funny the way I just get a hankerin' to hear a certain band and then proceed to listen to all their cds in rotation for a while. Kind of like indulging musical nostalgia, I suppose.

So I wound up down in the 16th Street Mall area with John last night, drinking beer and eating overpriced (but decent, thankfully) food out on the patio, watching bums bugging other patrons and motorcycle cops arresting other bums. It's weird how you can just kind of distance yourself, emotionally, from events like that (just don't ask me what it says about us as a society when we can watch homeless folks and alcoholics with a bemused detachment).

After, we were practicing our own drunk routines, pondering quitting our planned career paths to become street performers in a Foster Brooks vein, then walking down Colfax, past the Guardian Angels station and the panhandlers and junkies to Argonaut Liquor (and who chose that name, I wonder? What's the significance?), then back to John's to watch "The Wild Bunch" (and I know I shouldn't be entertained by violence, but it was just so well-done, in an artful, morally ambiguous way, like the best of the Sergio Leone-Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns) and the first 20 or so minutes of "Beneath the Planet of the Apes" (which he started to tape off AMC but ran out of space on the tape). It surprised me that that movie is as awful as it is (analogous, I think, to following up "Miller's Crossing" with "Last Man Standing").

And yeah, it is Father's Day, which is bittersweet for me in the kind of reflective mindset I've had. *sigh*

Ever feel like you have so much to do that you don't know where to start, so you just don't start?

Oh, and I'm obsessed, now that I know Mammoth has made all the early Blake Babies stuff available on cd again. Dammit. It's just not fair.

posted by Skattieboy @ 1:58 PM

Read my Dreambook!
Sign my Dreambook!
Dreambook
This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't
yours?